Benvenuto! Accedi o registrati.
News:
Pagine: 1 [2] 3   Giù
  Stampa  
Autore Topic: Here we come, Italy!  (Letto 9549 volte)
0 Utenti e 1 Utente non registrato stanno visualizzando questa discussione.
Crono
Ragazzaccio
Super forumista

« Risposta #15 il: 28 Maggio 2013, 22:32:43 »

you were VERY unlucky with weather. never seen a may like this.

Loggato

We use 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 2 to pull a trigger. I'm lazy and I'm tired of smiling.
ckurz7000
Forumista newbie

« Risposta #16 il: 29 Maggio 2013, 07:28:46 »

Yes, that seems to be the case all around. Got to be better in September.

-- Chris.
Loggato
OOAVA
Super forumista

« Risposta #17 il: 29 Maggio 2013, 11:21:04 »

After  more than 30 years flying  by and large  around the Mediterranean area  and countries  I can  state, assure,  and ready to certify it   , that May is the month  with  the most  fucked-up weather  of the whole year.
Loggato
FERRYAIR
Forumista licensed

« Risposta #18 il: 30 Maggio 2013, 00:06:50 »

ckurz 7000.

I am sorry to hear your proposed journey had to be postponed  Shocked   I deliberately watched this thread as a few characters I know were giving opinions that differed immensely and I always like to watch the ' Clash of the Titans ' to see who throws in the towel first   Cheesy

The reality of 'Other Europeans' flying in Italian Airspace is such that even the best of their Air Traffic Controllers just ignore whatever you are doing and go back to munching pasta & drinking limoncello whilst you do as you please ( been there many times, many times done that ).

From experience, if you have a callsign like I-1234 then you can't do too much if you play by their draconian regulations and main airports will impound your aircraft, but if your callsign is something like I-A123 then you can use most main airports as their Air Traffic Controllers think you are advanced aircraft and may just put down their pasta to assist you  Smiley

From what I assume the Arrow-copters would be displaying OE-??? markings ?  In my experience any combination of lettering/numbering that doesn't start with I baffles the hell out of the Air Traffic Controllers & Airport staff  Tongue   I used Albenga in a foreign registered C42 and they asked if it " was an advanced ultralight ? "  I just said " Yes "    now any Italian C42 is I-2345 registered and would be instantly impounded in Albenga but as is the case in 99% of things Bullshit baffles Brains.

Getting onto those Characters who have differing opinions, I know Crono very well, Luca I have met a few times & Cat4r4tta I have exchanged views with on this forum.... All have substantial knowledge to offer and on balance would all advise you with good intention  Lips Sealed
All 3 are Italian 'ex pats' who hold their country in high regard but left for ' pastures new '  I am sure Luca & Cat4r4tta left Italy out of choice, but Crono was ' railroaded ' out for unknown reasons ( only joking ).  Luca & Crono seem to look for positives in Italian Aviation whilst Cat4r4tta seems to highlight negatives in Italian Aviation.  I guess I subscribe to Crono's way of adapting rules to make things easier to enjoy my flying in Italy.

I suppose " The grass is always greener on the other side " as I love flying in Italy and find it more enjoyable than UK flying.... but an Italian friend who recently flew near London in a UK registered EuroStar was impressed by being allowed to fly at 2000ft so close to our Capital City, yet I always complain about London having such restrictive airspace.
Loggato
bebix
Super forumista

« Risposta #19 il: 30 Maggio 2013, 09:18:52 »

A tutti gli ATC del Forum: ma tutta questa pasta e limoncello non vi farà male?  Lips Sealed

To all ATCs of the Forum: but all this pasta and limoncello will not hurt you?  Lips Sealed
Loggato

Alberto Rametta, P92 E - Aeroclub Pisa LIAT - Campo Volo Puntata
abezzi
Moderatore
Super forumista

« Risposta #20 il: 30 Maggio 2013, 09:20:39 »

For as much as you think you are funny I tell you something, mr. Ferryair...you're not!
Your affirmation regarding the Air Traffic controller  going back to munch pasta and drinking limoncello are quite offensive, like your line regarding the impounding of the aircraft on some airports...that is actually a bullshit...how they can impound an aircraft if the ATC will not allow you to land on that airport?
I'm an expat too and for as much as agree with 99% of Luca, Crono and Sandro comments about the very sad situation of flying AG or ultralights planes in Italy I really cannot accept your childish behaviour...but of course you were joking weren't you?
Loggato

Aldo Bezzicheri
South of the Equator
Moremi Air
"Il pessimista si lamenta del vento, l'ottimista aspetta che cambi, il realista orienta le vele"
Flyerduck
Moderatore
Super forumista

"Complessi di inferiorità? Hai dubbi? Buchi neri?"

« Risposta #21 il: 30 Maggio 2013, 10:18:09 »

Although flying in Italy seems to be crapsy, almost all of ATC complains the existing rules.
Regarding these rules, no basic VDS can obtain any AT assistance at all; foreign callsigns can be confused and can generate the troubles FerryAir has described.

FerryAir, little bit unfairy, aren't U?  Wink
Loggato

Giorgio "Flyerduck" Sterrantino - AS Massalengo (LO)  - SUVannah VG

"Giorgio, di fatto, non è più moderatore da parecchio, anche se si tiene il cappellino."
ckurz7000
Forumista newbie

« Risposta #22 il: 30 Maggio 2013, 10:41:43 »

I am from Austria. Austriamis a country between Germany and Italy...and I don't mean only geographically. As strange as it may seem, I can relate to the "Italian way". Though I haven't flown in Italy yet (been to Croatia, Slovenia and France) I expect a lot of contradictory experiences. Some of the most beautoful countryside, people who value good food over fast food and fellow pilots who share the same passion with me.

Then there is the other part, which plagues Italy probably more than other European countries. It is labyrinthean beaurocracy, unintelligeable regulations and a general abhorrance of everything governmental. I am hoping to meet the people and get to know some of them. I want to learn how people deal with this problem. I expect to find individuals who each have found their own personal way of consolidating personal freedom with officialdom.

The posts on this thread are all very enlightening to me. They give me a small taste of what I expectnto find on my trip.

Thank you, -- Chris.
Loggato
FERRYAIR
Forumista licensed

« Risposta #23 il: 30 Maggio 2013, 11:18:17 »

Aldo,

I was partially joking but in the main giving a Brit's view on how I found flying in Italy  Undecided

You mention " how they can impound an aircraft if the ATC will not allow you to land on that airport "  I know for a fact that this has happened in Italy !!!!

Anyway, I did say I enjoy my flying in Italy so I am not negating your flying regulations, just saying the regulations are best adapted in your own mind  Shocked

For as much as you think you are funny I tell you something, mr. Ferryair...you're not!
Your affirmation regarding the Air Traffic controller  going back to munch pasta and drinking limoncello are quite offensive, like your line regarding the impounding of the aircraft on some airports...that is actually a bullshit...how they can impound an aircraft if the ATC will not allow you to land on that airport?
I'm an expat too and for as much as agree with 99% of Luca, Crono and Sandro comments about the very sad situation of flying AG or ultralights planes in Italy I really cannot accept your childish behaviour...but of course you were joking weren't you?
Loggato
FERRYAIR
Forumista licensed

« Risposta #24 il: 30 Maggio 2013, 11:33:35 »

Italian ATC are easily confused  Wink I have used  G Callsigns, SX Callsigns, I-1234 Callsigns, I-A123 and to really confuse them I have used a Company designated callsign.

I abhor the 150m & 300m agl flight profiles that ULM are given to follow, I always adapt that by a 'self imposed' flight profile of 600m & 750m agl flight profile irrespective of ULM & GA.

In general I like Italian Aviation, just not sure it suits me with some of the craziness attached  Cry

Although flying in Italy seems to be crapsy, almost all of ATC complains the existing rules.
Regarding these rules, no basic VDS can obtain any AT assistance at all; foreign callsigns can be confused and can generate the troubles FerryAir has described.

Loggato
Crono
Ragazzaccio
Super forumista

« Risposta #25 il: 30 Maggio 2013, 22:35:27 »

cambia traduttore Cheesy

Loggato

We use 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 2 to pull a trigger. I'm lazy and I'm tired of smiling.
OOAVA
Super forumista

« Risposta #26 il: 31 Maggio 2013, 00:03:30 »

Ferryair
think and write whatever you want,I agree a good deal with your statements,   we are in a free world  but please  ( and I am addressing not only you but the other 400 millons anglosaxons around the world)  disregard old fashioned and unrealistic topics about  Italy:

that goes for the pasta  (which is widely eaten in WASP countries also..)
and of course for the mandolin. In 4 decades around Italy I never happen to know anybody owning or even knowing of somebody owning a mandolino ,    Italy topical image from late 50s neorealistic black and white movies has disappeared  , long ago.

we eat pasta but also sushi and hamburgers, we fly planes and we drive Ferraris (the only donkeys  left,by the way,  are the ones sitting in the Parliament..) 
regards
ooava

Loggato
Crono
Ragazzaccio
Super forumista

« Risposta #27 il: 31 Maggio 2013, 11:38:01 »

disregard Peter's stupid humour. he is only envious of the good food and drinks you can find in italy. compare that with the hideous stuff they eat and drink in great britain. hadn't they imported curry and other goods from the empire, they would be still eating shit like steak and kidney pie and drinking the horse piss they call english beer

Ferryair
think and write whatever you want,I agree a good deal with your statements,   we are in a free world  but please  ( and I am addressing not only you but the other 400 millons anglosaxons around the world)  disregard old fashioned and unrealistic topics about  Italy:

that goes for the pasta  (which is widely eaten in WASP countries also..)
and of course for the mandolin. In 4 decades around Italy I never happen to know anybody owning or even knowing of somebody owning a mandolino ,    Italy topical image from late 50s neorealistic black and white movies has disappeared  , long ago.

we eat pasta but also sushi and hamburgers, we fly planes and we drive Ferraris (the only donkeys  left,by the way,  are the ones sitting in the Parliament..) 
regards
ooava

Loggato

FERRYAIR
Forumista licensed

« Risposta #28 il: 01 Giugno 2013, 00:37:22 »

My stupid humour only came to the forefront when I was invited to a Party in Milano thrown by Crono
 Wink
It was initiated by the venue being held in stifling heat and Lemoncello being the chosen 'coolant' to keep me cool  Tongue

My ' Brit on his holidays ' mentality actually tested the Italian Hotelier to the maximum on the night before Crono's party when after nearly 1litre of the alcoholic lemon juice I decided to re-enact the Barnes Wallis bouncing bomb a few times in the hotel pool and supply the hotel guests with a 'floating' dancefloor for the hotel disco  Shocked

I blame Crono for my stupid humour as I was a very introvert person before attending one of his parties and he corrupted my mind with all the copious lemoncello & debauchery that was at the party. I was so shocked by such copious supplies of lemoncello & debauchery that I had to attend a few more of his parties just to ensure that the first party was a rarity in terms of amounts of lemoncello consumed and debauchery witnessed  Undecided        Thankfully all his parties are as well organised, so I have acquired quite a palate for lemoncello and a penchant for debauchery  Cheesy

I still can't believe I flew a Skyranger back from Milan to Edinburgh after one of his Party weekends.

So I am speaking ' tongue in cheek ' when I mention Pasta & Lemoncello as I probably eat more Pasta than I eat shitty Steak & Kidney Pie, I certainly drink far more Lemoncello than the horse piss the 'Brits' call beer........ though it seems the UK has a bigger consumption of horsemeat now than we do of horse piss.

Anyway it looks like I will be making a few visits for flying purposes in the next month or so  Lips Sealed   
Loggato
Crono
Ragazzaccio
Super forumista

« Risposta #29 il: 01 Giugno 2013, 14:43:22 »

it was not limoncello, it was windscreen washing fluid  Tongue
Loggato

Pagine: 1 [2] 3   Su
  Stampa  

Vai a:  

Copyright 2008-2016 © VFRFlight.net | Cookies and privacy policy